[GE users] migrate bdb server

Davide Cittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Mon Oct 6 15:55:31 BST 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 4:43 PM, Ron Chen wrote:

> Yes:
>
> http://gridengine.info/2007/02/20/migrating-the-qmaster-host-when-local-berkeley-db-spooling-is-used
>
> Also note that the Berkeley DB data file may not be binary format
> compatible across different architectures, but dump and load the
> file to and from plain text will take care of it.

If I only have to migrate the bdb, can I do it without shutting down
the qmaster/execds? I mean, I possibly freeze the queues and running
jobs, shut down bdb, dump it, import on the new server, change
spooling_params in bootstrap file, run the new bdb?

/*
Davide Cittaro

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007