[GE users] runBulkJobs() and PARAMETRIC_INDEX

Nick Burdan nburdan at rainmaker.com
Tue Oct 7 02:04:39 BST 2008

Hi Guys,
I'm using runBulkJobs() and I'm not sure how to use the PARAMETRIC_INDEX
placeholder.  I'm using the python DRMAA extensions and the first thing
I am trying to do is get separate log files going, but it is not working:

    import DRMAA
    s = DRMAA.Session()
    s.init()

    jt = s.createJobTemplate()
    jt.setRemoteCommand('/tmp/test.sh')
    jt.setName('label')

    jobDir = '/tmp'
    outputDir = ':' + os.path.join(jobDir,'stdout.PARAMETRIC_INDEX.txt')
    errorDir = ':' + os.path.join(jobDir,'stderr.PARAMETRIC_INDEX.txt')

    jt.setOutputPath(outputDir)
    jt.setErrorPath(errorDir)
    jt.setJoinFiles(False)

    jobids = s.runBulkJobs(jt, 1,10,1)
    print "jobids:",jobids

How does one use the PARAMETRIC_INDEX placeholder?  Where and when does
it get replaced?

Thanks,
Nick