[GE users] departments on existing jobs

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 7 15:32:41 BST 2008

in my work to bring the functional policy online I've created a couple
departments to use for the automated pipelines; however, we have a
huge number of jobs queued up under the appropriate users, but that
don't have the new departments in them. Apparently the department is
set at the time the job is submitted, and not looked up from the
current membership in the department. Am I stuck, or is there a way to
update the department of a previously-submitted job after the fact?

thanks,
--bob