[GE users] job dependency question

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 03:18:45 BST 2008

I have been reading many SGE job dependency pages online (such as
http://open.rsp.com.au/?page_id=11) but I am still not able to do the
task I wanted to do. Or perhaps I may be looking at the wrong thing.
Here is what I am looking for:

I have 2 commands. Command A and Command B. Command A needs to run
first and then execute Command B once Command A is completed. In other
words Command B depends on Command A.

commandA.sh

#!/bin/bash
#$ -o output
#$ -S /bin/bash
#$ -S -V
tar -cvf file.tar /large_directory

CommandB.sh
#!/bin/bash
#$ -o output
#$ -S /bin/bash
#$ -S -V
gzip file.tar

Basically, I want to submit both of the jobs to our GRID but with
commandB running after CommandA

TIA