[GE users] end job

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 13:10:36 BST 2008

Are you just looking for a particular job, or you have many jobs that you want to monitor?

There is a command called qevent. With qevent, you are not pulling the qmaster for updates, but rather the qmaster sends out "event" updates to all subscribers, and it's a more scalable way. There is no manpage for qevent. But if you just run with the "-help" option, you will see the basic usage, and you can search the list discussions as well.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=2910

However, you will need to compile from source to get its binary. It's a small program (less than 1000 lines of C), and you can add all sorts of hacks in qevent. A few years ago, I added the wait function to wait for a job:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=774

 -Ron