[GE users] Help: Checkpoint Problem

Lee Amy openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 06:36:18 BST 2008

Hello,

I run parallel bioinformatics software at a cluster. And MPI implementation
is Open MPI 1.2.7. I know that this bioinformatis software dosen't have
built-in checkpoint function. So my problem is can I use SGE to achieve
that? However I have read the great howtos written by Reuti at
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/checkpointing.html
But I don't know which method I shall use.

So could you tell me more details about that? Or choose which checkpoint
level to do that?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Amy Lee