[GE users] [OT] Running R under SGE and OpenMPI

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 9 14:22:25 BST 2008

I am new to using OpenMPI (or mpi in general) and I currently have this setup:

OpenMPI 1.2.7 in tight integration
SGE 6.2
several linux nodes with multiple processors
A pe set up for openmpi jobs

I would like to run R in this system and use the Rmpi library.  Has
anyone successfully done so?  If so, what is the incantation to get an
interactive R session, start up Rmpi, and then launch slaves?

Thanks,
Sean