[GE users] [OT] Running R under SGE and OpenMPI

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:04:54 BST 2008

On 10/9/08, Sean Davis <sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> However, there is no output in any output stream.
>
> And if I log into shakespeare and qrsh -q all.q at octopus, I immediately
> get a slot, so there isn't a "direct" problem with connecting.

The lack of any qrsh output already tells us that qrsh is not invoked
from inside your job. Looks like a problem with the OpenMPI
installation -- mpirun should invoke qrsh.

And from the warning message "...unable to open ras tm", it looks like
that OpenMPI is using TM as the remote task start protocol instead of
qrsh.

Rayson