[GE users] SGE installation on Altix 4700 query

Walid walid.shaari at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 13:22:21 BST 2008

Dear All,

any hints/URLS on installing Grid Engine 6.2 for a parallel environment on
the Altix 4700 (256 cores), I can confirm the installation went fine for
simple shell jobs, however i have just delivered it to the end users, and
can not see yet any mention regarding cpuset support or unique setup for the
Altix smp architecture. we have an old Altix with 5.3u3, however the cpuset
support was a hack at that time.

regards

Walid