[GE users] SGE installation on Altix 4700 query

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 07:27:01 BST 2008

--- On Sun, 10/12/08, Walid <walid.shaari at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed it, however on SLES10U2 SP6r2 cpuset have
> different flag
> options, and rpm package than the older Altix with RHEL3U4
> SP3U6 as can be
> seen from the cpuset.log file under the spool dir :

Seems like it's a problem with using cpuset options that are not supported by your cpuset version. If you list the list of features you want to have, we may be able to fix it or hack it for you.

Also note that in later SGE versions (at least for SGE 6.1 and 6.2), Itanium IA64 Linux is a supported platform. So if there are features that you desire but not in SGE, Sun and others 3rd-party companies may be able to do it for you (provided that you are a customer).

 -Ron