[GE users] Sun Grid SGE Cells management doubt.

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 16:45:52 BST 2008

On 10/13/08, Alberto Renteria <sejeb2001 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I try adding the other host name in the $SGE_CELL environmental variable with no success. I do not how to reference the cell that I am wishing to use in my Grid.
>
> My questions should be the following:
>
> 1)  What I have to introduce in the $SGE_CELL variable in order to set a reference to a host that I want to add to my grid?

For machines all in the same LAN, you can just use one cluster. You
don't need to have multiple cells.

Just make sure your $SGE_ROOT is shared, otherwise you will need to
follow this HOWTO:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/nfsreduce.html

Rayson

P.S. don't send basic questions to the dev list!

> 2)      Do I need a special configuration in this host that I am going to add to the Grid?
>
> Any kind of help will be important to me. Thanks in advance.
>
> Alberto Renteria Correa.

?Tienes cámara digital, más de una cuenta de email, planeas fiestas o
blogueas? Entonces, necesitas Windows Live