[GE users] Sun Grid SGE Cells management doubt.

Lubomir Petrik Lubomir.Petrik at Sun.COM
Mon Oct 13 17:19:03 BST 2008

Hi Alberto,
SGE_CELL is used to distinguished multiple SGE clusters. If you want to
add new execution nodes you just need to install additional execution
daemons and keep the SGE_CELL to default.

Simple instructions would be to:
1. Add the new host to the administrative hosts from the master host
(qconf -ah <new_host>).
2. source $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/settings.csh on a host that you want to add
3. Start execd installation by calling $SGE_ROOT/install_execd on the
new host.
4. Hit enter until installation is finished :-)

More details at
http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/How+to+Install+Execution+Hosts

Regards,
   Lubos.