[GE users] Fixing a broken Berkeley database?

Orlando Richards orlando.richards at ed.ac.uk
Tue Oct 14 08:47:24 BST 2008

Hi all,

We seem to have a problem with our Berkeley database. When we restart
the queue master, it spits out the following error message:

10/14/2008 08:25:10|qmaster|eddie04|E|error unpacking object with key
"USER:lhcb015": invalid input parameter

and then fails to load a large number (though not all) of our user
objects - which we than have to re-create with a script.

We've tried deleting this user object from the system, but it had no
effect. I'm guessing that there is a corrupt entry in the database - is
there any simple way to repair it?

Many thanks,

    Dr Orlando Richards
   Information Services
IT Infrastructure Division
        Unix Section
     Tel: 0131 650 4994

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.