[GE users] customize email notification

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Tue Oct 14 12:32:27 BST 2008

> I am successfully able to receive the mails, but I want to customize
> the report that it sands. Do I have to change any file for this?

In the global configuration, you can define your own mailer.

Attached is a small Perl script that we use. You might find it a useful
basis. From the comments in the script:

SGE calls the "mailer" program of the global/local cluster config to
send mail. The way how the mailer is called is (more or less):

    <cat> mail_body | <mailer> -s "subjectline" recipient_list

where "<cat>" means that the body of the mail is sent to stdin of the
mailer by the execd.

/mark

message from your computer.

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]