[GE users] sge 6.2 with parallel jobs

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Tue Oct 14 13:34:24 BST 2008

The short answer is that Grid Engine 6.2 was released with a
significantly different and enhanced system for starting interactive
jobs, this new foundation is how the parallel tasks are started. The
increased speed and efficiencies allow for much larger parallel jobs
to be run sensibly.

Dan has good coverage here that may be useful:
http://blogs.sun.com/templedf/entry/sun_grid_engine_6_2

-Chris