[GE users] SGE 6.2 and qrsh

Andreas Haupt andreas.haupt at desy.de
Thu Oct 16 13:04:30 BST 2008

Hi Ron,

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 02:52 -0700, Ron Chen wrote:
> --- On Thu, 10/16/08, Andreas Haupt <andreas.haupt at desy.de> wrote:
> > thanks for your reply. Yes, we've implemented a
> > workaround for this for
> > qrsh over ssh in 6.x. Do you see any possibility to place
> > some "hooks"
> > in the new qrsh to get those variables eventually set? We
> > really need them...
>
> Can you describe the hooks that you need? May be we can get some simple APIs defined for qrsh and ssh (the tight SGE-SSH integration), so that in the future all environment setups in qrsh or tight SGE-SSH can be done by calling those APIs.

What I need would be e.g. a script that is called with e.g. the job-id
as parameter so that this script can prepare the job environment. But I
don't really know what is so special about the "new" qrsh jobs compared
to non-interactive ones. I thought they are now "integrated" and not
something like a hack any more.

The job prolog script still knows about all those variables. They must
get lost somewhere when starting the shell.

Cheers,
Andreas