[GE users] Job_Scripts directory

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 16 14:08:24 BST 2008

2008/10/16 Bradford, Matthew <matthew.bradford at eds.com>

>  We recently upgraded our scheduler from 6.0u8 to 6.2, and something odd
> has happened.
>
> Matt,
  I probably did that.
Look on each node, there is a script in /etc/init.d/boot.local which creates
a directory called /var/spool/sge at boot time (in case it is not there).

But more importantly check   qconf -msconf
and look for your sge_spool_directory setting!

The cluster was set up this way as local spooling cuts down the NFS  load -
its quite a big cluster!