[GE users] sge_execd problems

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 18:00:11 BST 2008

I have the sgemaster running on our head node and the on the clients I
am able to start up sge_execd

I see sge_execd process running on the client.

But when I do

$ qhost
error: commlib error: can't connect to service (Connection refused)
error: unable to contact qmaster using port 536 on host
"master01.engrMec.unc.edu"

When I start up the client I see no changed in the messages file
either. Has anyone seen this before? Using, GE 6.1u5

TIA