[GE users] No scheduler registered at qmaster

Sofia Bassil sofia.bassil at fra.se
Mon Oct 20 10:29:29 BST 2008


    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

Hello,

I am having some problems with my SGE environment, among other things 
the "can't unpack gdi request" error popped up, which prompted me to run 
'qconf -tsm'. The output was "no scheduler registered at qmaster". What 
exactly does that mean? The scheduler is running on the qmaster, 
although I restarted it earlier today as part of my other 
troubleshooting. The first time I restarted qmaster the scheduler 
process timed out and didn't start, but then I stopped qmaster process 
and restarted and both processes came up fine. No configuration is 
changed. I haven't restarted the execds on the nodes. I think I have 
seen this output before from 'qconf -tsm', but then it fixed itself 
overnight. I prefer not to wait if there is anything I can do to fix it 
quicker.

Sincere thanks,
Sofia Bassil

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net




More information about the gridengine-users mailing list