[GE users] Regarding addition of Execution Host

rajesh britto britto.gridlab at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 07:55:11 BST 2008

   i have installed sge 6.1u5 qmaster in a head node and installed two other
execution hosts. I tried to add a new execution host using the command qconf
-ae. when i type qhost i can able to see the newly added execution host but
i cant able to see any information for the newly added host. when i tried
the command qhost to the newly added execution host i got the error as *unable
to connect to qmaster on 536 on ....... *any one kindly help me is there any
configuration is needed in the execution host. (i have already changed the
act_qmaster file in the execution host to point the qmaster node)

Note: Whether both the qmaster and the execution node should be off same
version since i have installed qmaster with version sge6.1u5 and the newly
added execution host is sge6.2.

regards,
----- R B