[GE users] Raw Data

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:21:33 BST 2008

On 10/21/08, Rafid Al-Khannak <alkhannak at googlemail.com> wrote:
> In ARCo, the raw data is been stored in reporting file then the dbwriter
> write it (raw data) to the sql database, isn't it possible for the raw data
> to be stored directly to the database?

Yes, it is possible.

You can move more and more functionalities into the qmaster. In 6.2 we
moved the scheduler, which used to be a seperate daemon, into qmaster.
Also, we added an embedded JVM in qmaster in 6.2.

In theory, moving ARCo is possible. But in practice, it is better to
have a clean and modular design. For non performance critical stuff,
we better keep them out of the qmaster.

Rayson