[GE users] Queue configuration & wildcards

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Tue Oct 21 15:05:03 BST 2008

> When I configure a SGE queue, I would like to be able adding all my
> declared PE in the "pe_list" parameter without enter each PE one by
> one.
> Are there any tricks or wildcards (* ?) to do this.

The only trick I could think of would be this code snippet.
NOT TESTED - EMAIL QUALITY ONLY!!

#!/bin/sh

pelist=$(perl -e 'print join "," => map { chomp; $_ } qx{qconf -spl}')

for queue in $(qconf -sql)
do
   qconf -sq $queue | sed -e "s/^pe_list.*/pe_list $pelist/" > tmpFile
   qconf -Mq tmpFile
done

rm tmpFile

There might be an easier or better way, but this should work as a quick
solution.

/mark
message from your computer.