[GE users] Please Review: Non-Multiplied Consumable Requests for Parallel Jobs

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Tue Oct 21 16:48:30 BST 2008

Hi Andy + Roland,

There is also the abaqus type of usage (I don't know if any other
software has anything similar).

The total request is formulated as
   -l abaqus=4+NSLOTS
ie, four tokens for admittance to use the software, plus one for each
process.  These are float licenses.

It doesn't help much to fit it either as a JOB or HOST allocation if a
pe range were specified. It is something in between. I'm not even sure
how I would formulate this for the new mechanism. A MIN allocation rule
that would get added to each request could possibly help, but this is
starting to get really messy.

/mark
message from your computer.