[GE users] Run a job in a specific queque

Andre Alefeld Andre.Alefeld at Sun.COM
Tue Oct 21 17:01:53 BST 2008

Alberto Renteria wrote:
> Hi my name is Alberto, I am from Mexico and I am working in a
> Investigation Project regarding SGE. I have two quick questions I
> don't know if you can help me.
>
> 1) How I can run a job in a specific queque via command line?

qsub -q <queuename>  ....

for details see qsub (1)
> 2) I am using Open Suse 11. When I try to run the qmon a message
> saying: "Impossible to convert String "intro". Can't load 21cal"
> appears in the screen. Do you know what I have to do to fix this issue
> and be able to run qmon?

do you have the LANG variable or LC_* variables set ?
If yes could you try to unset them and retry ? (setenv XMTDEBUGFINDFILE
gives some more hints where icons are searched)

Andre

> Thanks in advance.

> ?Tienes cámara digital, más de una cuenta de email, planeas fiestas o
> blogueas? Entonces, necesitas Windows Live
> <http://get.live.com/es-mx/wl/all>

Andre Alefeld                Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-255
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: andre.alefeld at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/gridware