[GE users] Run a job in a specific queque

Reuti reuti at Staff.Uni-Marburg.DE
Tue Oct 21 19:30:12 BST 2008

Hi Alberto,

Am 21.10.2008 um 18:01 schrieb Andre Alefeld:

> Alberto Renteria wrote:
>> Hi my name is Alberto, I am from Mexico and I am working in a
>> Investigation Project regarding SGE. I have two quick questions I
>> don't know if you can help me.
>>  1) How I can run a job in a specific queque via command line?
>>
> qsub -q <queuename>  ....

as you are new to SGE, be aware that the idea behind SGE is a little
bit different than the one from PBS/Torque. While with PBS/Torque
users are often used to "submit into a queue", the approach in SGE is
"to request resources", and based on these requests SGE will select
an appropriate queue for you.

> for details see qsub (1)
>> 2) I am using Open Suse 11. When I try to run the qmon a message
>> saying: "Impossible to convert String "intro". Can't load 21cal"
>> appears in the screen. Do you know what I have to do to fix this
>> issue and be able to run qmon?
>>
> do you have the LANG variable or LC_* variables set ?
> If yes could you try to unset them and retry ? (setenv
> XMTDEBUGFINDFILE gives some more hints where icons are searched)

Another question: which version of SGE are you using?

-- Reuti