[GE users] SGE accounting file

Esteban Freire esfreire at cesga.es
Wed Oct 22 10:41:27 BST 2008

Hello all,

Continuing with the question from Gon?alo. I have the same doubt.  In
PBS there are two variables that you can define on each WN, with one of
them, you can set a factor used to adjust the cpu time used by  a job,
in order to allow adjustment of time charged and limits enforced where
the job might run on systems with different cpu performance, with the
other one, you can set a factor used to adjust wall time usage by to job
to a common reference system

I would like to know if it would be possible do this with SGE. Gon?alo
commented me that you can give scaling factor to the cpu time
per host in SGE, with usage_scaling parameter, on each Wn(SGE)
configuration. As far as I have been looking, indeed, it seems that
works so.

I would appreciate receive any information about this and if someone has
already implemented this, know his/her experience.

Thanks in advance,
Esteban