[GE users] Restricting number of jobs per user in the qw state?

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb at salilab.org
Thu Oct 23 00:07:01 BST 2008

In order to more effectively "encourage" users to use array jobs, I've
been thinking about limiting the number of jobs users can have waiting in
the queue at any one time.  In other words, I don't care if a user has
2000 jobs running.  That's fine.  But I don't want them to be able to have
more than 100 (e.g.) jobs waiting to be run.  If all 100 of those are
10,000 task array jobs, that's still fine.  I'd much rather that than 1e6
individual jobs.