[GE users] Permissions for active_jobs/job_scripts directories

Esteban Freire esfreire at cesga.es
Mon Oct 27 09:29:33 GMT 2008

Hello all,

Checking the permissions for active_jobs/jobs and active_jobs under
'qmaster' or 'compute*' directories, we have seen that this directories
can be read by all users on the node and therefore this is not  secure
for us, because in principle, it would be interesting that an user
cannot read the job of another user.

Maybe, we didn't install SGE correctly, or it's necessary indicate
something on the scheduler or global configuration, or doing the
installation indicating an extra parameter.

I would appreciate if someone could help me with this.

$SGE_ROOT/default/spool/compute*

drwxr-xr-x  4 root root  4096 Oct 27 09:17 active_jobs
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root  4096 Oct 27 08:56 jobs
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 Oct 27 09:17 active_jobs

$SGE_ROOT/default/spool/qmaster
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   12288 Oct 27 10:12 job_scripts

Thanks in advance,
Esteban