[GE users] Database Corrupted very often

Adrián Bravo Navarro adrian.bravo at fdi.ucm.es
Mon Oct 27 15:17:33 GMT 2008

El lun, 27-10-2008 a las 09:40 -0500, skip at pobox.com escribió:
> Adrián> we've been using SGE for a long while now, and sometimes the db
>     Adrián> gets corrupted (we dunno exactly why).
>
> There was a thread about this recently.  You can stop sge, run db_dump then
> db_load and restart sge.  In my experience there are two common reasons for
> Berkeley database corruption: multiple writers or unanticipated BerkDB file
> version change.

I saw that thread and Im aware of the ways to repair the database. What
Im really looking for now is the reason why the database crashes and
then figure out what to change so it wont happen again.

What do you mean when you talk about multiple writers? Its supposed to
most DB supporting multiple access and guaranteing concurrent writings.

Thanks
Adrián