[GE users] Parallel jobs on Heterogenous clusters

Gerald Ragghianti geri at utk.edu
Tue Oct 28 14:47:52 GMT 2008

I there a simple way to prevent parallel jobs from running across
certain sets of machines?  For instance, this would be important if you
have hosts with widely different processor speeds or if you have
multiple Infiniband fabrics.  I know that I can create a parallel env
for each set of hosts and then create a cluster queue for each parallel
env and corresponding host set, but this doesn't seem very clean.  It is
also a problem because it requires users to use wildcards in the pe
specification: "-pe mpi* 16."

Thanks,

- Gerald