[GE users] Setting the From: field in Sun Grid Engine

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Oct 28 15:34:14 GMT 2008

Am 28.10.2008 um 15:55 schrieb Mark Hewitt:

>> Mark,
>>   this is really a question of how to configure the Postfix email
>> system, rather than Gridengine.
>
> Unfortunately we don't use postfix here.
>
> I've also tried creating a wrapper script and replaced that file as
> the value for mailer using qconf -mconf but it doesn't seem to make
> the change.

You made the wrapper executable and tested it outside of SGE?

Which one are you using then? I also set it also up with sendmail to
change the sender:

dnl EXPOSED_USER(`root')
MASQUERADE_AS(`my.external.address.edu')dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl

The first line means to switch off the default (which is already
somewhere in sendmail.mc), as it prevents root's mail to be
masqueraded. After the change you have to rebuild the *.cf tables.