[GE users] newcomer questions....

Tue Oct 28 19:53:56 GMT 2008

I would highly recommend upgrading to something more recent than 6.0u5.
Even 6.0u8 would be an improvement.  6.2u1, which will be coming out
soon, is what I would recommend.  The 6.1 branch is only receiving bug
fixes now.  The Sun Grid Engine product is our build of the Grid Engine
open source project.  Same source tree, different binaries.  SGE is sold
on a subscription basis that includes support costs.

Good places for SGE info:

sun.com/gridware
wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/Grid+Engine
docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/1017.4
docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/1017.3
gridengine.sunsource.net/
wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
gridengine.info/
opensolaris.org/os/community/hpcdev
opensolaris.org/os/community/hpcdev/blogs/
drmaa.org/

Daniel