[GE users] "commlib error: access denied" with 6.2 install_execd

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Wed Oct 29 00:05:17 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 28 October 2008, Reuti wrote:
> > There's no such file (/etc/nsswitch) on the exe nodes
>
> I meant /etc/nsswitch.conf of course.
sorry - too literal

hosts:      files nis dns

so it should pick up the correct addresses from nis if it isn't in the
hosts file.

> With this it should be sufficient to have the external name defined
>   on the nodes. But I would run the NIS only on the internal
> interface on the scheduler and put the internal name also in
> /etc/yp.conf.
>
> I have only the internal name of the NIS-server hard-coded in /etc/
> hosts. Even with NIS in place, the nodes don't know anything about
>   the external world, but only the internal login-node and other
> nodes' addresses.
>
> You can check the tables with e.g. "ypcat hosts".

I'll try to config like this if our mount configs allow it.  (It's a
strange config due to considerable constraints on what resources we
can use).

Thanks again.

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, E2148, Engineering Gateway,
UC Irvine 92697  949 824-0084(o), 949 285-4487(c)