[GE users] restricting users

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Oct 30 11:26:52 GMT 2008

Am 30.10.2008 um 12:17 schrieb Mag Gam:

> I am curious how everyone is restricting users from directly logging
> onto the servers. We are setting up a policy where only people can
> login to the head node and submit jobs. We want people to avoid
> logging onto the servers and running their jobs independently. Any
> ideas?

I have a line

AllowUsers reuti

at the end of my /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the nodes. Another option
would be:

AllowGroups staff

or whatever groups you defined. rsh is not running on my nodes. I
only installed the rshd/telnetd for SGE's interactive qrsh/qlogin,
but didn't enable them in /etc/xinetd.d/rsh or telnet.