[GE users] How many scheduler threads can be configured per qmaster?

john.lavin at novartis.com john.lavin at novartis.com
Thu Oct 30 13:27:44 GMT 2008

You can set this parameter application specific.
I assume you are referring to PSN - bootstrap, so I would suggest you
adjust your psn.conf file for threads=2
or however many processors you wish to use.

threads=20

Thanks,

John

"Mulley, Nikhil" <Nikhil.Mulley at deshaw.com>
10/30/2008 08:04 AM
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

<users at gridengine.sunsource.net>
cc
<templedf at sunsource.net>
Subject
RE: [GE users] How many scheduler threads can be configured per qmaster?

I guess I found it ..

Its in the bootstrap file and the parameter is 'scheduler_threads'. Is
there a nicer way to modify it from a command line like using qconf/qmon
stuff?

But the question still stands as to what is the best approach to decide
on the value for the parameter?

Thanks,
Nikhil