[GE users] Preventing (almost) all new jobs.

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Thu Oct 30 15:20:18 GMT 2008

Hi Reuti,

> > Interestingly enough, it's not possible to place anything other than
> > a default user hold via the sge_request (GE-6.1u3).
>
> users can only place user holds.

That's what I figured. I vaguely hoped that the system would
second-guess me (assuming only manager/operator could set a site-wide
sge_request) and thus do the right thing. It might have been nice just
this one time, but hardly an RFE.

> We are using a special project to disalloaw access to certain queus
> from time to time, you can call it "testing" or whatever. But this
> means also to change the queue defintion like Richard suggested for
> the user_lists entry.
>
> Why not just disable all queues (as you suggested already) and create
> a new one for testing, which only you can use as you are the only one
> in its user_lists.

This is the way I'll go. I just have to note which queues were disabled
for whatever reason beforehand.

As usual ... thanks Reuti!

/mark
message from your computer.