[GE users] Python DRMAA module

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Sep 2 20:19:06 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 02.09.2008 um 11:52 schrieb Shaon, ABS (Arif):
>
>> I am trying to implement a few simple job control scripts using the Python
>> DRMAA module  but I am getting the following errors:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>>  File "DRMAA.py", line 28, in <module>
>>    import cDRMAA
>>  File "cDRMAA.py", line 6, in <module>
>>    import _cDRMAA
>> ImportError: libdrmaa.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
>> or directory
>>
>> I have set the SGE_ROOT in the setup.py module to the root of my SGE
>> installation folder.
>
> looks like you will have to:
>
> export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:}$SGE_ROOT/lib/$ARC

Along the same lines, shouldn't one, instead, try to set up things on
the local system to find libdrmaa?  On linux, for example, a symbolic
link from a standard library location like /usr/local/lib to the
correct SGE lib/arch should work, should it not?  That said, I have
had problems on my systems with this working (still doesn't find the
library after the link is set up and ldconfig run).

Sean