[GE users] Python DRMAA module

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Sep 2 22:01:13 BST 2008

Am 02.09.2008 um 21:19 schrieb Sean Davis:

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 02.09.2008 um 11:52 schrieb Shaon, ABS (Arif):
>>
>>> I am trying to implement a few simple job control scripts using
>>> the Python
>>> DRMAA module  but I am getting the following errors:
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>>>  File "DRMAA.py", line 28, in <module>
>>>    import cDRMAA
>>>  File "cDRMAA.py", line 6, in <module>
>>>    import _cDRMAA
>>> ImportError: libdrmaa.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No
>>> such file
>>> or directory
>>>
>>> I have set the SGE_ROOT in the setup.py module to the root of my SGE
>>> installation folder.
>>
>> looks like you will have to:
>>
>> export
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:}$SGE_ROOT/lib/
>> $ARC
>
> Along the same lines, shouldn't one, instead, try to set up things on
> the local system to find libdrmaa?  On linux, for example, a symbolic
> link from a standard library location like /usr/local/lib to the
> correct SGE lib/arch should work, should it not?  That said, I have
> had problems on my systems with this working (still doesn't find the
> library after the link is set up and ldconfig run).

Did you put there a link to the directory or to each individual file?
Anyway, for easier updates I would create a file "/etc/ld.so.conf.d/
sge.conf" and put therein the name of the necessary directory, i.e. "/
usr/sge/lib/lx24-x86" or alike and run ldconfig again.

You can check later on the cache with:

ldconfig -p

and grep for the libs in question.