[GE users] identifing a parallel job

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Sep 3 17:15:43 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 03.09.2008 um 16:29 schrieb Davide Cittaro:

> Hi all, I would like to configure different rsh/rlogin daemons for
> qmake and for qrsh. I would like to use a wrapper that chooses
> in.rshd for qmake (and other parallel jobs) and sshd for all other
> interactive jobs.
> Is there a variable I can use for this? I mean something I can put
> in the wrapper, that may be something like this:
>
> ISPE= <SGE variable that identifies a PE environment>
> if $ISPE is true:
> 	launch in.rshd
> else:
> 	launch sshd -i
>
> Thanks

you may base it on a $PE of course (see man qsub) whether it't unset,
but somehow I would create a special queue for interactive jobs and
test in the wrapper for "QUEUE=<your_login_queue>". You may also
check the "JOB_SCRIPT=QRSH" (all for qrsh with command, otherwise a
different entry in SGE's configuration is used anyway to get a shell
to login.

To get rid of the wrapper later on, it might be good to prefix the
launch of it with "exec in.rsh.d $*" (don't overlook the necessary
command line arguments) and avoid an additonal process.

HTH -- Reuti