[GE users] identifing a parallel job

Davide Cittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Thu Sep 4 11:19:42 BST 2008

Hi,

On Sep 3, 2008, at 6:15 PM, Reuti wrote:

> you may base it on a $PE of course (see man qsub) whether it't
> unset, but somehow I would create a special queue for interactive
> jobs and test in the wrapper for "QUEUE=<your_login_queue>". You may
> also check the "JOB_SCRIPT=QRSH" (all for qrsh with command,
> otherwise a different entry in SGE's configuration is used anyway to
> get a shell to login.
>
> To get rid of the wrapper later on, it might be good to prefix the
> launch of it with "exec in.rsh.d $*" (don't overlook the necessary
> command line arguments) and avoid an additonal process.

I'm trying with the dumbest script ever:

#!/bin/bash

the_command="/usr/sbin/sshd -i"
if [ $PE ]
then
	the_command=/usr/sbin/in.rshd
fi
exec $the_command $*

and

#!/bin/bash

the_command=/usr/bin/ssh
if [ $PE ]
then
	the_command="$SGE_ROOT/bin/$SGE_ARCH/qrsh"
fi
exec $the_command $*

qrsh jobs work, not qmake and lam_mpi batch ones... Which is the
default rsh_command  and rlogin_command in sge?

/*
Davide Cittaro

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007