[GE users] Sun Grid Engine 6.2 - ARCO dbwriter issue

Karen Magee magee at mayo.edu
Thu Sep 4 20:08:47 BST 2008

Hi,

We've just upgraded to from SGE 6.1u3 to 6.2, (cloned cluster),
but in the process realized a bit late that the dbwriter process
had been down for 25+ days.  The Grid engine upgrade to 6.2 went
fine - and all the users have sucessfully moved over..

But after reviewing the report.* logs and just seeing old reporting variables - we
thought we'd be OK with just going forward with the ARCO piece of the upgade.
It's up and running "ok".. Reporting is working and dbwriting seem to be doing
"something"....but it seems be taking a LONG time to remove old records???
...and new jobs completion records don't seem to be getting inserted..

Ideas? Just wait it out??

Thanks
--
-------
Karen Magee                 Unix Systems Coordinator - RCF
Mayo Clinic                 Internet: magee at mayo.edu
200 1st St SW               Phone: (507) 284-1806
Rochester, MN 55905