[GE users] Sun Grid Engine 6.2 is released! Open source T-Shirts to win!

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Fri Sep 5 09:14:57 BST 2008

Brooks,

sure, it is still planned.

We are planning to move the download of the courtesy binaries to a sun.com
hosted infrastructure and we face a couple of issues which take a bit longer
to get resolved than we expected. My apologies we need you to wait such a
long time.

It's good you are not using the binaries from
http://www.sun.com/software/gridware/ for your purpose since they come with
different legal terms which do not allow external redistribution of
binaries.

For anyone else: SGE 6.2 from http://www.sun.com/software/gridware/ allows
you at this point in time unlimited and free use. There is also no problem
to replace these binaries with courtesy binaries later. Everyone interested
in SGE 6.2 can start now with our Sun Grid Engine 6.2 binaries from sun.com!

Regards,
Andy