[GE users] Why my job does not start ?

Chaffard Remi (Consultant) remi.chaffard at consultant.volvo.com
Fri Sep 5 13:00:54 BST 2008

Hello,

I always get that quetsion from my customer, "Why my job does not start" so I decided to write a script that check why a job is in qw state (lack of cpu available, insufficient resources, etc...).
The problem is that there is too many case to check, and some of them are very difficult to handle with script (ksh).

Do you know if such a command already exists, or give me some clues to develop it ?

Thanks a lot.
Regards

Rémi Chaffard (SOLUTEC)
I&O - Application Production - Product Development

Telephone: (+33) 4 72 96 61 52
E-mail: remi.chaffard at consultant.volvo.com