[GE users] Why my job does not start ?

Chaffard Remi (Consultant) remi.chaffard at consultant.volvo.com
Fri Sep 5 13:50:50 BST 2008

Qstat -j shows the informations I need, but don't tell me why a job does
not start.

For instance, qstat -j gives me the resource, the number of requested
procs, etc... With this I cannot say exactly why a job does not start
(if it is in qw mode). I have to check for the available processors
(qstat -g c for instance), for the resources values (qhost -F) before
finding the exact reason.

What I want is a script, develop for the end user, that give an exact
answer. For instance :

# qwhy 1712345
Your job 1712345 does not start because value of the resource "toto" is
not enough

Or

Your job 1712345 does not start because there is not enough cpu
available

I assume the script can not handle all the cases, but I believe it could
be great to have such a script.

Thank you