[GE users] Sun Grid Engine 6.2 - ARCO dbwriter issue

Jana Olivova Jana.Olivova at Sun.COM
Fri Sep 5 15:12:13 BST 2008

Hi Karen,

Just to get things straight. You have realized that the 61u3 dbwriter
had not been running for 25+  days? And you had realized it after
performing the upgrade of the dbwriter to the 6.2?

What database are you using?

Is there anything useful in the dbwriter log file?
($SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/dbwriter/dbwriter.log), any errors, exceptions?

How have you figured out that it is taking a long time to remove the
old  records?

While  doing the ARCo upgrade have you chosen to use SMF support? (the
last question during dbwriter install)

Did you run the inst_dbwriter script with the -upd option, as specified
in the documentation?

'If upgrading from version < 6.2, you must run the installations script
with option -upd. This will remove existing RC scripts.'

Jana