[GE users] Scheduling based on queues having the greatest/least value of a resource?

Mike Cumings mcumings at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 17:51:55 BST 2008

Hello all,

I have a grid with many queues per system, each queue having an
integer resource defined on it.  Due to the way our application works,
we expect more queues with greater values of this resource value to be
added over time.  It is expected that over time we will gradually
retire queues with the lowest resource values to make room for new
queues with higher resource values.  With this context in mind, we'd
like to be able to have jobs be assigned to these queues such that
queues with higher values for this numeric resource are favored over
queues with lower values.  Ideally, we'd also like to be able to
invert this comparison such that jobs could be submitted and favor
queues with the lowest numeric values for this resource.  Is this
possible?

--
Mike Cumings