[GE users] trying to remove an execution host (NEWBIE ALERT)

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Sep 8 17:02:01 BST 2008

Hi Paolo,

Do a "qconf -mq all.q" and look at the "hosts" line of the queue
configuration. If you mistaken host is listed there just remove it and
the change will be made live as soon as you exit from the editor
session.

If you just see a SGE hostgroup such as "@allhosts" mentioned in your
queue config then you need to edit the hostgroup to remove the host in
question that can be dine via:

   qconf -mhgrp @allhosts

... or similar. Again, just like all SGE interactive configuration
actions, your change is "live" in the system once you exit from the
editor session.

I've personally had better luck running the SGE installer scripts in
"remove" mode to delete execution hosts. If you go into $SGE_ROOT and
run "./ins_sge -h" the help syntax will show you how to invoke the
script such that you are removing rather than installing the exechost.
I don't recall from memory what the exact command is through.

-Chris