[GE users] ge reporting file and ARCo

Joachim Gabler Joachim.Gabler at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 9 13:24:06 BST 2008

Hi Sergio,

once you have installed ARCo,
the dbwriter process will read data from the reporting file and store it
into the ARCo database.

Before dbwriter starts reading the file, it renames it to
reporting.processing,
and it deletes it once it has stored all data to the database.
Otherwise the reporting file would (quickly) become huge - depending on
your cluster size and throughput.
This is done in an interval you can configure at installation time (and
later on in dbwriter.conf), IIRC the default is 1 Minute.

Best regards,

   Joachim