[GE users] ge reporting file and ARCo

sergio diaz sdiaz at cesga.es
Tue Sep 9 13:52:51 BST 2008

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I was thinking that the file
reporting.processing should not be deleted by dbwriter.

regards,
Sergio

Joachim Gabler escribió:
> Hi Sergio,
>
> once you have installed ARCo,
> the dbwriter process will read data from the reporting file and store
> it into the ARCo database.
>
> Before dbwriter starts reading the file, it renames it to
> reporting.processing,
> and it deletes it once it has stored all data to the database.
> Otherwise the reporting file would (quickly) become huge - depending
> on your cluster size and throughput.
> This is done in an interval you can configure at installation time
> (and later on in dbwriter.conf), IIRC the default is 1 Minute.
>
> Best regards,
>
>   Joachim
>
> sergio diaz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am checking the reporting file and I have seen that this file is
>> deleted each minute. The file gets a size around 27K and then, just a
>> minute after it was created, it is removed and created again.
>> I don't know why it happening but I have checked the database and I
>> have seen current job logs and records.
>>
>> Do you have any idea about what happening?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Regards
>>
>> P.S. Before ARCo was installed, the reporting file was very hard.

Sergio Díaz Montes
Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia
Avda. de Vigo. s/n (Campus Sur) 15706 Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
Tel: +34 981 56 98 10 ; Fax: +34 981 59 46 16
email: sdiaz at cesga.es ; http://www.cesga.es/