[GE users] seeking more detail on spool log msgs relating to mailer failure

Thu Sep 11 14:39:09 BST 2008

Looking at the source, that error message really just means that wait3
for the mailer process returned -1.  One possible reason is that the
60-second alarm went off, but there are several other possible reasons.
You might get a little additional information by turning on debugging to
level 1 ("dl 1").  It won't tell you what's wrong, but it will tell you
what command is being executed and when.  You can then use the time
stamps to figure out if 60 seconds are actually passing between the
start of the command and the error message.

Daniel